Sunday, October 21, 2007

LSU-AUBURN quotes


“I saw on some of the previous plays from that formation that (Auburn) was leaving their DBs on us one-on-one. Byrd has great speed — an extra gear — so I just threw the ball up there, and he wrapped up around the DB and made a great catch.” - LSU quarterback Matt Flynn on his last TD pass with literally 1 tick on the game clock.

"We just weren't going to kick it to their returner. We still felt good about it. We didn't make the plays." -- Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville on why they never kicked the ball deep to LSU.

"It was either going to be a touchdown or we kick a field goal, and that was the plan. With one second, I think we timed it out perfectly." - LSU coach Les Miles on the last play of the game.


“God, if I just break that up and time runs out, we win. It just shows the guts and the confidence that coach Miles has in his team to try something like that, late in the game with the time running out. It just shows the confidence in their offense.” -- Auburn defensive back Jerraud Powers, on the last play of the game.


"In the back end of the game, I had a timeout that I could call but I did not expect it to come down to one second," LSU coach Les Miles said. "I didn't have it timed out that far. Certainly it worked right."


"That really surprised me. It was a gutsy call and I think there was only one second left on the game clock. An incomplete could end the game, but they converted and my hat's off to them. They converted and scored so I guess it was a good call." -- Auburn quarterback Brandon Cox


"They (the referees) said they had an illegal formation. They should have worked that out, but they actually officiated it from the instant replay and you can't do that. You can't go to instant replay and look at it. They ruled touchdown, but with a flag on the field you have to work that out before you start looking at it. Unfortunately they did it the way you're not supposed to." -- Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville, on a replay that showed six men on the line of scrimmage for LSU, but the flag was picked up.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails