Tuesday, September 26, 2006

SAINTS, NEW ORLEANS BRING THE LOVE


I could scream 'I told cha! I told cha," but ... Well, you knew it was going to happen. The NFL Gods saw fit to sacrafice a lamb to the city of New Orleans, and that lamb was the Atlanta Falcons. Riding a feel-good story and a staunch defense, the Saints finally solved Michael Vick and the visiting Dirty Birds before 70,000 screaming fans and a national TV audience in the millions. The Falcons played the part of villian this night, but they did it with class and honor. Even Vick was in awe of the fan support. "I never in my life heard a crowd roar so loud," Vick said. "They deserve it."
"As tough as it is to lose a game, I'd be lying if I said there isn't a little, little, little piece of me that didn't appreciate what this game meant to this city," said Falcons coach Jim Mora. Mora worked in New Orleans under his dad during the late 1980s and early 1990s. The elder Mora is the winningest coach in Saints history and no doubt they still have some peeps in the city, so it was all good. GO SAINTS!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails