Saturday, December 29, 2007

LSU Gets 3 Offensive Stars Back Against Buckeyes


Les has got all the Gatorade out of his ears.
He's done with his turkey, maybe even tucked away the gifts by now.
Now, it's back to football.
At practice Friday, LSU coach Les Miles said that quarterback Matt Flynn and running backs Keiland Williams and Trindon Holliday all practiced well. All three were either limited or missed SEC Championship Game with various injuries.
“All three went through the entire practice and played well,” Miles said. “(Matt) threw several balls today that were thrown as well as any balls he has ever thrown.”
"I feel good," said Flynn, who separated his right (throwing) shoulder in the Nov. 23 loss to Arkansas. "I've been throwing a lot in practice. I'm not throwing every pass in practice, but I'm getting back into the swing and throwing well.
"It's not hurting that much anymore. It's getting a lot better each day. I'll be doing everything in the next day or so."
Flynn confirmed that he is also fully recovered from an early season ankle injury.
"My legs feel good, my feet feel good," Flynn said. "I feel I'm going to be 100 percent in the next couple of days.
"Right now I'm feeling as healthy as I have. I'm not wearing the ankle brace anymore, for the first time since the Virginia Tech game."
The Tigers are preparing to face an Ohio State team that has posted an 11-1 overall mark and has the best defense in the nation in terms of yards and points allowed. As a unit, Ohio State’s defense is allowing 10.7 points and 225 yards per contest.

Two players that the Tiger offense will look at to make a difference against the Buckeyes are running back Jacob Hester and wide receiver Early Doucet. H while
Miles was also licking his chops at having a healthy Jacob Hester and Early Doucet, both of which were gimpy late in the season.
“Early and Jacob mean so much to this team,” Miles said. Hester has rushed for 1,017 yards and 11 touchdowns. “Jacob is tremendously competitive, and he’s a guy who has an eye for making a play. Whether it’s a block, carry, reception or special teams play, he has been in the middle of it," Miles said.
Doucet has caught 50 passes for 474 yards and five scores.
“Early gives us great leadership with tremendous ability. I can tell you that we are looking forward to having both of these guys on the field for this game.”

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails