Friday, August 17, 2007

LSU's Miles in diss mode this summer


LSU Les Miles is proving that poise is not one of his strong points. Dude has been talking major smack lately ... Is he that nervous that Alabama has Nick Saban? Check what he said about the No. 1 team in the nation.


"I'd like nothing more than to play USC for the [national] title," Miles said at a function in New Orleans. "I'll tell you this: They have a much easier road to travel."


Of course he's been on Nick Saban's rump this summer as well.

"We now have a new rival in ... Alabama."


That's what he reportedlya told a gathering of LSU boosters and fans. After he turned a few heads with the comments he decided to chill out a bit. "At the end of a recruiting season when there was some hearsay and innuendo, I had an emotional reaction," Miles said. "I regret any choice of words that I made. I am in no way trying to be derogatory towards Alabama. I look forward to competing with Alabama and their head coach."
He also defends what he said about USC, saying instead that it wasn't a diss to the PAC-10 but just some love to his conference. Well, he'd better bring the love next month that's all I know.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails