Tuesday, January 01, 2008

OUCH: Florida second SEC Team to Fall in Bowl Games


Okay, battle lines have been drawn the sand: The SEC has got to win the rest of their bowl games, showing the nation that the Southeastern Conference is where college football lives.
Florida just got whacked by Michigan a few minutes ago (I feel sick to my stomach.). The Gator defense made Chad Henne look like Tom Brady. In New England.
I kinda thought Florida would hold up its end of the bargain when the Gators (9-4) scored on Percy Harvin's 10-yard run to take a 35-31 lead with 5:49 remaining. If you woulda told me Florida would give up over 530 yards to the Wolverines I woulda showed you a delusional sucker, but, boy, was I wrong. I like Michigan, but, to run up and down the field like that on UF? NO WAY.
Alas, yes way.

The SEC, supposedly the rock-hard poster child of "real" college football, gets owned in not one, but TWO games today. Missouri pounced all over Arkansas, the same Arkansas team that ran my LSU Tigers ragged. Tony Temple (WHO?) rushed for Cotton Bowl records of 281 yards and four touchdowns. Darren McFaddy got a buck-0-5 on 21 carries, and a new Escalade, but who cares? He's a pro by next fall anyhoo.

In Tampa, Tennessee's Eric Ainge completed passes to nine different receivers as the No. 18 Volunteers finished their season at 10-4 by putting an SEC whipping, 21-17, on No. 16 Wisconsin of the Big Ten. P.J. Hill led the Badgers (9-4) with 132 yards rushing on 16 carries.
I've still got hope Georgia can expand the legend by wrapping a hula hoop on Colt Brennan and the Hawaii Warriors.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails